Assisted 1x1 Pigtailed Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joint - 12 contacts (OBSOLETE)
- The Pigtailed Assisted Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joint is electrically driven as it senses and follows the tethered animal’s rotations. It detects the torsion of the optical cable during animal movement and releases it with a very high sensitivity. The assistance of this rotary joint helps to counter the frictional force of the internal slip-ring and offers quality transmission of electrical signal during any experiment with freely-moving small animals like mice.
This model is specially designed to work with Doric Snap-in Fluorescence Microscope systems.
• The holder for the Pigtailed Assisted Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joint is included (Holder_ARJ).
• A compatible FC/FC mating adapter (ADAPTER_FC) is sold separately and can be used to connect different patch cords to the pigtailed patch cord.
• Note: for Twist-on Fluorescence Microscope systems this model has been replaced by the Assisted 1x1 Pigtailed Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joint - 24 contacts.
Optical Fiber - 200 µm core - NA 0.48
- 1 meter, Lightweight Metal jacket, FC/PC (stator)
- 0.2 m, Lightweight Metal jacket, FC/PC (rotor)
Maximum variation < 2% Number of contacts 12
Electrical Connector - HDMI for Doric 1-color Snap in Fluorescence Microscope
- USB-C for Doric 2-color Snap in Fluorescence Microscope
Contact material Gold Contact resistance < 0.5 mΩ Resistance variation during rotation
< 0.1 Ω
Start up torque < 20 µN·m Max Rotation speed up to 300 rpm Power Supply
5 VDC mini USB (included)
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh