Passive 1x1 Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joints - 12 contacts
To facilitate in vivo experiments combining the light stimulation and electrophysiological recordings in optogenetics experiments, we have developed a passive low torque hybrid rotary joint with a number of electrical channels and one optical channel. The FC receptacles on both ends of the rotary joint allow the connection of the input and output fiber-optic patch cords. This product is more compact than the combination of the electrical rotary joint and the 1x1 fiber-optic rotary joint where the optical fiber is passed through the central hole of the electrical joint.
Items includes :
- 1 Passive 1x1 Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joints - 12 contacts
- 1 Holder for the Fiber-optic & Electrical Rotary Joint
- 1 adapter allowing the fixing on the optional horizontal cable holder
Add optional items :
- A Gimbal Holder for FRJ to allows pivoting the rotary joint along two additional axes to further reducing the mechanical stress on the animal.
- A horizontal cable holder to keep cables off-center.
- Mono Fiber-optic Patch Cords
- A Harwin 12 to Omnetics 12 Adapter to allow a Harwin-connectorized rotary joint to be used with an Omnetics-connectorized systems
Maximum variation 2% Transmission 80% Input NA 0.22 Output NA 0.22 Harwin Electrical Connector Male Datamate L-Tek, 2 mm pitch, 2 rows of 12 HDMI Electrical Connector Female Blackrock 2 Pinout, Microscope Pinout Number of contacts 12 Contact material Gold Contact resistance Less than 500 mOhm Resistance variation during rotation (constant rotation) Less than 100 mOhm at 5 VDC Maximum current (typical) 2 A per contact Start up torque 0.9 mN·m (for 6 contacts) or 1.8 mN·m (for 12 contacts) Rotation speed up to 300 rpm Length 60 mm Outer Diameter 45 mm Mass 128 g Holder Holder_FRJ_large included Note Tested with 200 µm core NA 0.22 fiber-optic patch cords
Passive 1x1 Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joints HARW - 12 contacts
Passive 1x1 Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joints HDMI - 12 contacts
Fiber-optic & Electric Rotary Joint
- User Manual
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh