Assisted Electrical Rotary Joints - 12 contacts
The Assisted Electrical Rotary Joint is a rotary joint that transmits electrical signal over 12 contacts. Compared to our passive Electrical Rotary Joint, the motor Assisted Electrical Rotary Joint is effectively frictionless, thus allowing its use with mice. The rotary joint is primarily used in electrophysiology with small animal subjects.
• The number of electrical contacts does not necessarily equal the number of recording channels.
• Holders allowing the mounting of a 12-channel Assisted Electrical Rotary Joint with a Fiber-optic Rotary Joint (1x1 or 1x2) are included.
• If the Assisted Electrical Rotary Joint is used only for electrophysiology, without any additional fiber-optic rotary joints, a compatible holder is also included.
• The torque sensor included with the Assisted Electrical Rotary Joints is also used as a cable holder with its rod and its clamp. The adapter to secure the rotary joint on the sensor is preinstalled.
Electrical Connector see options
* see User Manual for HDMI pinout
Number of contacts 12 Contact material Gold Contact Resistance < 0.50 Ohm
Resistance variation during rotation
< 0.10 Ohm @ 5V DC Start up Torque < 20 µN·m Rotation speed up to 300 rpm
Through-hole diameter 6.0 mm
Power Supply 5 VDC mini USB (included)
- Version 1.0.2
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh