Doric Neuroscience Studio V6
Doric Neuroscience Studio is an intuitive software suite with multiple modalities. It controls Doric hardware and records and analyzes optogenetics, fiber photometry, miniature fluorescence microscopy, electrophysiology, and behavior camera experimental data.
Doric Neuroscience Studio software, with its different modules, controls the following Doric devices:
- Light sources (LED, Laser Diode, ★LISER™)
- Fiber Photometry Console
- Bundle Imaging System
- Miniature Fluorescence Microscope
- Electrophysiology Recording Headstage
- Optogenetics TTL Pulse Generator
- Behavior Camera
In addition to controlling those devices, the software contains the following data analysis modules for processing acquired data:
- Microscopy Image Analysis module (motion correction, ΔF/F, ...)
- Signal Analysis module (fiber photometry ΔF/F, filters, arithmetics, spike finding, ...)
- Behavior Analysis module (open-field tracking, motion score, and speed)
- more details to come soon
IMPORTANT INFORMATION : Before upgrading from version 5 to version 6 of Doric Neuroscience Studio software, users of Doric Lenses products should read the following information:
- DNS v6 requires a firmware update of the hardware
This is done by the user with Doric Maintenance Tool software included in the installation file. While detailed documentation will be added soon, the 'Check for server updates' and 'Update from server' buttons should work fine.
- Example of Doric Maintenance Tool screen capture
- Link to Device Firmware Update (v6)
- DNS v6 saves data into an HDF5 file with the ".doric" extension. Files saved with DNS v6 can be analyzed with its data analyzer modules not available in older versions. HDF5 files can be read with Matlab, Octave, and Python. Code examples are provided to facilitate data analysis with those external applications:
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10, 11; 64-bit Memory 8 GB RAM minimum
16 GB RAM recommended
Processor speed 2 GHz & 4 cores minimum
3 GHz & 8 cores recommended
Hard Drive 2 Go of free hard disk space
* SSD recommended
Doric Neuroscience Studio
- Web Brochure
Firmware upgrade-downgrade Procedure for Doric Neuroscience Studio v5 and v6
- Application Note
How to Set up the Lock-In config with FMC G1 or G2 and FPC
New Features :
Bug Fixes :
- New Doric File Editor module, replace the HDF5 Viewer module with more possibility to import, merge and export data with CSV and .doric HDF5 files.
- NC500 is now fully supported.
- Doric Behavior Camera's have a new Auto Calibrate button, it replaces the Auto-Gain, Auto-Exposure and White Balance.
- BFPD and OTPG moved the Time Series function into Global Settings
- FPC lockin channels name issue.
- EPC saved names issue.
- FPC Improve the X and Y graph zoom behavior without the keyboard.
- Light sources complex mode issue related to loading of some configurations.
- New Default name for configuration files.
- General view improvements.
New Features :
- Manual Keypress Event Recording
- Support of generic webcam video recording as a channel with console, microscope or OTPG
- Doric Behavior Camera's new calibration function to save a scaling factor with the video
- FPC new Analog Output mode – Stairs
- FPC new Analog Output mode – Custom File Sequence
- Light Sources (LED, laser, LISER) new mode – Custom File Sequence
Bug Fixes :
- FPC Detector list drop-down menu
- FPC – lockin settings, reduces the minimum value of power to 5%
- FPC – lockin settings, add the possibility to define a new user name in the channel setting interface (was only possible from Graph(s) edit interface)
- BFPD – Improvement to ROIs calculation to support more ROIs
- BFPD – Improve the exposure slider response
- BFPD – Load configuration improvements
- General improvements related to view, trigger and load configuration
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh