Dual Opto-fluid Cannulas with Interchangeable Injectors
The precise pitch of the Dual Opto-fluid Cannula with interchangeable injectors guarantees an optimal bilateral implantation where both light and fluid injection can be used. The interchangeable configuration saves space and weight and can be used with multiple lengths of optical and fluid injector.
Each cannula ships with two plugs to prevent the guiding tubes from being clogged at implantation and between uses. Since both the optical and fluid injectors do not stay inside the brain for a long time, this cannula has the additional benefit of keeping them free of biological debris.
Depending on the pitch between the two optical fibers, two receptacle types are offered: small (S) and large (L). The model S is required when the pitch is equal to or smaller than 1.7 mm. The minimum possible distance between the tubes is the guiding tube diameter. For pitch more than 1.7 mm, the model L is needed.
• Optical Injector and Fluid Injectors for Dual Opto-fluid Cannulas must be ordered separately. Be careful to order the right amount of injectors.
• The tubing internal diameter must match the optical injector fiber core diameter (see tables below).
• Polyethylene tube to connect a fluid delivery system is sold separately.
Optical Injector Guiding Tube Core Diameter
100 250 350 200 320 430 300, 400 530 660
Fiber Optic Codes For Multiple Fluid Injection cannula Core (μm) Outer (μm) NA Buffer Color Outer Layer Fiber-Optic Code 100 125 0.22 Yellow Polyimide 100/125-0.22 100 125 0.37 Yellow Polyimide 100/125-0.37 100 125 0.66 Clear Borosilicate 100/125-0.66 200 240 0.22 Yellow Polyimide 200/240-0.22 200 245 0.37 Yellow Polyimide 200/245-0.37 200 250 0.66 Clear Borosilicate 200/250-0.66 300 360 0.37 Yellow Polyimide 300/360-0.37 300 370 0.22 Yellow Polyimide 300/370-0.22 400 430 0.66 Clear Borosilicate 400/430-0.66 400 470 0.37 Yellow Polyimide 400/470-0.37 400 480 0.22 Yellow Polyimide 400/480-0.22
* Angled(A45, A60) and mirror (MA45) tips are not offered.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh